07 April 2010

Personalized Silver Fortune Cookie and Red Chinese Take-Out Box



A touching Mother's Day gift,  a wedding favor, or decoration, this little token shows a lot of affection.  The cookie opens up to reveal a personalized fortune.  The outside can be engraved with a date or short message.  Mine arrived in a nice velvet bag, and presentable box, but I think it's even more fitting to place in a Chinese take-out box.  My husband, who has never been impressed by extravagant gifts, opened his to find a folded note saying, "You are my fortune..." 

About to 'pop the question'? Consider asking your host to put this on the tray after a tasty, Asian meal.  It can easily hold an engagement ring.  I wish I could be nearby to see -- how ROMANTIC!

The cookie measures about 3" in diameter and approximately 2-1/4" in height.  It is priced between $12.00 - $15.00, is of good quality and very attractive.

I found mine online at Hanson and Ellis 

The versatile take-out box comes in red and is 1 quart in size.  It is also available in white with optional sizing.   These are fun for delivering cookies or used as gift wrap. 

I found mine at Keg Works with prices ranging from .35 - .75 a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...